Wifi, Ethernet and Samba speed test for Android
September 16, 2013 2 Comments
With reference to my previous post (Local network speed test for Android) and based on the feedbacks I released the new version (v1.4.1) of my Wifi Speed Test application.
Here are the new features:
* Added Ethernet mode: this is very useful if your device uses Ethernet connection instead of Wifi. It is common case with smart mediaplayers or other Android based smart devices or hubs. You can enable it on Settings/Network Settings by clicking Ethernet mode. After enabling it, you can test your Ethernet speed with this android application.
* Added screenshot button: You can take a screenshot about your result and share it instantly on Facebook, G+ or anywhere you want.
* Added latency information: from now, the latency is also displayed for your network (sometimes pretty useful).
* Minor GUI redesign to get more space.
* And of course some bug fixes.
And the “old” features (if someone did not read my previous post):
* Test Wi-Fi/LAN speed between your mobile phones/tablets.
* Test Wi-Fi/LAN speed between your mobile devices and your computer
* Test Samba share speed (from v1.1)
You can download it from Google Play or SlideMe:
If you liked it please rate on Google Play, if not (well it can happen) just send me a bug report what’s wrong. Also you can send me any other idea about what you would change or new feature request.
Don’t forget, if you want to use with your computer, you need my tcpserver application that is a Python program:
How to use it: https://bitbucket.org/pzolee/tcpserver/wiki/Home